Monitoring an assessment
When an assessment starts, you can monitor student progress using the Monitor view. The Monitoring feature of Scribo allows you to:
- monitor your students as they write - check who's not yet started, the number of words written, who's handed in.
- 'drop in' on a student's text as they are working
- stop the test by automatically submitting all student texts
- hand back work that a student has submitted too soon by accident
- activate automatic grading when the test is complete
- Open a web browser and go to www.literatu.com.
- Login with your account.
- When you login to Scribo with an activity assigned, you will automatically to go the 'In Progress' view.
- You will see all active assignments listed there. If you have more than 1 class, your classes will be listed i the top row. Choose a class to see the activities assigned.
- To open monitoring, click the Monitor button
When you login, you will go to the In Progress screen if you have active assessments
The monitoring view has lots of features that you can use as you evolve your use, such as feedback reporting and writing plans. The key features you need for the purposes of running a Writing Skills Assessment are highlighted in the screen below.
You can view a student's text as of the last refresh.
Student text view - access by clicking 'Open' from the Monitoring table
Note the purple menu on the left. Click:
- Topic to view the topic details, exactly as the students see it
- Feedback to optionally add live feedback to the student's text. You may wish to do this when the assessment is complete, though you can also add feedback as students are writing. To add feedback in this view, just click into the student's text or highlight a section of text, and add your feedback to the feedback panel.
- Writing Check will run a Scribo writing check across the student's text. This is not the same as grading. Note, though teachers can make the Writing Check available to students in the full Scribo suite, it is not available to students in an assessment.
- Compare will allow you to compare 2 students texts, side by side
- Report will generate a writing report for the student's work